Tank Filter Change
The following information relates to The Pro Built Melters, The Nordson 2300 & 3000
Series with 14:1 and 21:1 pumps.
Hot Adhesive Systems are equipped with a Tank Filter. The filter prevents contaminants
and char from entering the hoses or the extrusion guns.
The Tank Filter MUST be changed on a regular basis.
A contaminated Tank Filter will cause in-line filter blockages, poor adhesive flow,
blocked nozzles and production loss.
The correct procedure to change a Tank Filter is as follows:
- WEAR safety gloves, safety eye wear, clothing covering exposed skin & safety
- Ensure melter is at operating temperature.
- REDUCE pump air pressure to “0 PSI “.
- OPEN drain valve over a suitable container. Unscrew in a counter clockwise direction.
- INCREASE pump air pressure until a steady flow of a hot material flows from drain valve.
- REDUCE pump air pressure to “0 PSI “, LEAVE DRAIN VALVE OPEN. LOCK OUT AIR SUPPY
- UNSCREW the tank filter assembly (Part # B100-275) using a 1/2in Spanner and remove from manifold.
- REMOVE filter-screen (Part # B100-096) by loosening screw (Part # A100-248) at the end of the filter.
- CLEAN filter core (Part # B100-117), replace O-ring (Part # 6612) and lubricate. Fit new filter screen with filter attaching screw.
- ENSURE the melter is at operating temperature
- INSERT the Tank filter assembly into manifold using an inch pound wrench set at 100
inch pound, DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
- After the Tank Filter Exchange is complete, with the drain valve open increase the
pump air pressure and drain a small amount of adhesive.
- Remove air pressure from pump and close drain valve.
- Slowly INCREASE pump air pressure until operating pressure is reached. CHECK for
Replacement Tank Filter Assembly Part Number to suit both the Nordson 2300 & 3000 Series and The Pro Built are as follows:
|B100-275||TANK FILTER ASSEMBLY COMPLETE|