Saturn Inline Filter and A-Z Filter Change
The following information relates to the Pro Built Melters, the Nordson 3000 Series, Nordson ProBlue Series with 14:1 and 21:1 pumps.
Changing the Saturn In-Line Filter and the E – Z Filter This Filter is fitted between the Hose and the Gun.
Hot Adhesive Systems are equipped with an In-Line Filter. The filter prevents contaminants and char from entering the hoses or the extrusion guns.
The In-Line Filter MUST be changed on a regular basis.
A contaminated In-Line Filter will cause in-line filter blockages, poor adhesive flow, blocked nozzles and production loss.
The Correct Procedure to change an In-Line Filter is as follows:
- WEAR safety gloves
- WEAR safety eye wear, clothing covering exposed skin & safety footwear 3. REDUCE pump air pressure to “ 0 PSI “
- OPEN drain valve over a suitable container. Unscrew in a counter clockwise direction
- INCREASE the pump air pressure until a clean and steady flow of hot material flows from the drain valve.
- Reduce pump pressure to Zero. Lock out air supply. Leave drain valve open.
- Using a 16mm spanner (E – Z Filter) or a ½ inch spanner (Saturn In-Line Filter) to undo In-line Filter Fitting.
- Remove Old Filter from the filter housing.
- Fit new filter, apply a small amount of grease to the O-Ring and tighten filter assembly into the housing.
- After In-Line Filter Change is completed, CLOSE drain valve in a clockwise direction.
- Slowly INCREASE pump air pressure and CHECK for leaks.
Enquire now for Crafers’ filter assemblies and Char Grabbers
- Complete Filter Assembly – Straight, 45 Degree , 90 Degree
- Char Grabber – 100 , 200 Mesh