Daily Tank Filter Flush
The following information relates to The Pro Built Melters, The Nordson 3000 Series Melters Robatech MPCS and Concepts Melters with 14:1 and 21:1 pumps.
Hot Adhesive Systems are equipped with a Tank Filter. The filter prevents contaminants and char from entering the hoses or the extrusion guns.
The Tank Filter MUST be cleaned daily. Exceptions are the Nordson Problue Series. A contaminated Tank Filter will cause in-line filter blockages, poor adhesive flow, blocked nozzles and production loss.
The Correct Daily Flush of the Tank Filter is as follows:
- WEAR safety gloves
- WEAR safety eye wear, clothing covering exposed skin & safety footwear
- REDUCE pump air pressure to “ 0 PSI “
- OPEN drain valve over a suitable container. Unscrew in a counter clockwise direction
- INCREASE pump air pressure until a clean and steady flow of hot material flows from the drain valve.
- DRAIN approximately 100 – 200ml or until drained adhesive flow is clean.
- REDUCE pump air pressure to “0 PSI “.
- After FILTER FLUSH is completed, CLOSE drain valve in a clockwise direction.
- Slowly INCREASE air pressure to operating pressure and CHECK for leaks.